Pastel-agtige pensler

Udveksling af tips om materialer, redskaber, teknikker, adresser mm.
Besvar
Brugeravatar
Kasper Hviid
Brugerniveau 4
Brugerniveau 4

Pastel-agtige pensler

Indlæg af Kasper Hviid »

Mit forrige forsøg på at lave brushes i Photoshop vakte megen rynken på næsen. Nu prøver jeg igen, denne gang er der et fast tema (oliepastel) medsamt et indbygget texture, som jeg har lavet via en meget møjsommelig proces.

Illustration:

Billede

Billede

Okay,det er ikke noget mesterværk, men det er da pastel-agtigt!

Da jeg lavede det til min profil på deviantart, er beskrivelsen på engelsk:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I created the texture from a sheet of Pastel Lana colour paper. I used a very time consuming proces where I painted lightly on the entire surface with oil pastel, scanned it, painted the entire surface again, scanned, etc, until I had 16 images of the paper being gradually covered with oil pastel. I combined the images into a single texture and made it repeatable. The texture is in 300 dpi but can be scaled down.

PREPERATION

1) Download the oil-pastel-for-photoshop-cs5.zip from one of these file hosts:

http://www.badongo.com/file/25668447
http://www.easy-share.com/1917342449/oi ... op-cs5.zip
http://depositfiles.com/files/f3l5tp6pg

2) Unzip the file. It contains a folder with "Oil Pastel.tpl" and "paper 300ppi.pat"

3) Open Photoshop. Load the texture and tool presets.

4) In the tool presets menu, select "Hard"

5) Press F5 to open the brush palette. Turn on the the texture field.

5.a) In its settings, set Scale to 100 %.
5.b) Set Mode to "Height".
5.c) Set depth to something somewhat small, 12 or so.
5.d) Set minimum Depth to 50 %.
5.e) Depth jitter should be 0 % and Control set to Pen Pressure.
5.f) Click on the tiny padlock-icon at the Texture field. This will cause Photoshop to remember the texture settings even if you select another tool in the Tool presets menu.
5.g) Now, in the Texture field pop-up, select "copy texture to other tools". This will cause other tools like the eraser to use the same texture settings as the mixer brush.

TOOLS INCLUDED

Eyedropper 101x101
Eyedropper 5x5
Eraser - Hard
XXL - Hard
XXL - Soft
XXL - Smudge
Hard
Soft
Gradient
Hard (wet)
Soft (wet)
Gradient (wet)
Smudge
Thin line

HOW TO USE

Start out with an A4 document at 300 pixels/inch. If you want to use 150 pixels/inch instead of 300 pixels/inch, simply set the Scale to 50 % instead of 100 % in the Texture section of the Brush palette. If you want a finer grain, just lower the Scale. It can go pretty low.

Fill your document with a color to set the mood of the painting. Use Ctrl-U to adjust it. You might want to paint on a transparent layer above your colored background.

I choose to rotate the document 90 degrees, since I want to create a landscape painting: Image > Image Rotation > 90 CW

Adjust Depth in the texture field of the Brush Palette to change how deep your painting tool should penetrate into the folds of the texture. (If you feel you need to press the wacom real hard all the time, you should probably highten the depth)

Sometime you have created some gentle strokes which you need to paint behind: You need to paint on the depth of your texture instead of the top surface. Simply go to the texture field of the Brush Palette and add a check-mark at "reverse".

Load "Paint Color Swatches.aco" into the Swatches palette. Pick your colors from here. (It's shipped with Photoshop)

Do NOT use the Rotate Tool to rotate your canvas! Due to an error in Photoshop, this screws up the brush tip direction.
Besvar