Lagos Comic Con nu på tredie år!

Debat om tegneseriefestivaler, tips om byttemarkeder, udsalg og gode tegneserietilbud mm.
Besvar
Brugeravatar
GoogaMooga
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7

Lagos Comic Con nu på tredie år!

Indlæg af GoogaMooga »

nigeria er ikke noget, man forbinder med tegneserier, men sandeligen jo, de har en spirende kultur dér:

fra http://comicsbeat.com/world-comics-lago ... rns-three/
Q: How did the Lagos Comicon get started?

Elegba: The Lagos Comic Con began in 2012 when I realized that the comic medium was not appreciated by the Nigerian public like it used to be in the 80s while I was growing up. I had previously published a newsletter to raise awareness about the scene but the response was low and people kept asking me where they could get comic books and if there were comics created by Nigerians. I wanted to debunk the myth and show people that Nigerian Comics do exist and that we have comic artists and writers here in Nigeria. That was when I decided to start the Lagos Comicon, with no funds but a dream to make it an international festival.
fra http://www.lagoscomiccon.com/
The Lagos Comic Con is Nigeria’s first popular culture convention that happens once every year in the city of Ikeja,Lagos, Nigeria and organized by the COMICPANEL ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY a subsidiary of the Mustardseed Communication International Group. Founded in 2012, by Ayodele Elegba, as an avenue for comic lovers to meet and share ideas, the LAGOS COMIC CON has soon grown to become Nigerias biggest comic event so far. In 2014 the event hopes to pack more fun and the very best of Nigerian comics, graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, toys, movies, and television to the public like never before. Our scheduled panels, Costume contests, Seminars, Discussions and autograph sessions give fans a chance to interact with their favorite creators and actors. Our screening rooms feature sneak peeks at films and television shows still in productions as we hear from producer and director of such work. Lagos Comic Con is a market place, bringing together the major players in the comics and entertainment industry. See you at LAGOS COMIC CON 2014.
fra http://www.lagoscomiccon.com/index.php/why-attend
The 3rd LAGOS COMIC CONVENTION (LCC2014) will hold on Friday 19 and Saturday 20 of September at the popular UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS sports centre at Akoka, Yaba, Lagos. LCC2014 promises to be bigger and better this year with an expected guest of over 5000 participants and vendors. LCC2014 is an annual youth centred event that began in 2012 with the vision of creating a market place for vendors in the comics, animation, gaming industry and other children/youth targeted industry. Currently the event is the biggest and only internationally recognized comic convention in the whole of Africa and ranked alongside the likes in India, Dubai and France.
Last year we recorded an attendance of over 1000 delegates and vendor participation of over 30 stands selling books, clothes, films, animation and retailers in children and youth products. Many comic book enthusiasts got a chance to see and purchase comics, posters and merchandise at discounted rates. And off course our syndicated workshop sessions and movie screening also brought a lot of color to the event.
Already we have the endorsement of the Lagos Ministry of tourism and inter-governmental relations, Lagos State council of Art and Culture also the backing of the INNOVATE LAGOS youth empowerment scheme programme as well. We are also working on getting the endorsement of the ministry of youth and sports as well.
"It's a mod, mod, mod, mod world, luv!" -- Twiggy
Besvar